The IO Camera Concept shows that the large-format camera can be built seductively ergonomic. The multi-format digital camera platform can achieve 35mm format convenience and quality. It supports large-format (up to 90 x 120 millimeters or even more) digital sensors. With its flexible changeable bayonet, it supports the majority of contemporary middle- and large-format lenses.
- The changeable bayonet construction allows any kind of lens from any system available on the market.
- Its AMOLED (active-matrix organic light-emitting diode) shutter is installed in the camera body, so you can use shutterless lenses (from focal plane shutter systems).
- It is absolutely soundless and lightweight.
- The sensor cooling system is important for mirrorless cameras (as the sensor is working permanently).
- The symmetrical handle grips allow good ergonomics, for right- and left-handed people.
- The large, sensitive touchscreen allows you good operation and control. You don’t need a laptop to see the details anymore.
IO feels comfortable in your hands, is great to take along for point-and-shoot photography, and its supporting capabilities of tilt-shift techniques (when using an external tripod and flex) are convenient to use.The concept is to redesign and give a new face to the typical large-format camera and counteract the stereotype that large-format cameras are always big, heavy, and could even have a wooden body. The goal is the creation of a light and elegant camera with a sensitive touchscreen, without forgoing the large-format sensor. This modern technology would give you the opportunity to get extra high-resolution images, a shallow depth of field, as well as dynamic perspective control (tilt-shift).